Sunday 24 May 2015

WHAT KNAUSGAARD THINKS ABOUT IT ALL.

Heaven Up Here by Echo & the Bunnymen: A tremendous wailing springs from them, all longing and beauty and gloom.
Girls: Inside me, a consciousness shot up from below, like a water spout, it was heavy and dark, there was abandon, resignation, impotence, the world closing in on me. There was the awkwardness, the silence, the scared eyes. There were the flushed cheeks and the great unease.
Hemingway: Straight to the point. Simple and clear. With weight behind it.
Familiar places: If I hadn’t had my previous attachment to the area I wouldn’t have noticed anything. The trees would have been any trees, the farm any farms, the bridge any bridge.
Separation: We don’t live our lives alone, but that doesn’t mean we see those alongside whom we live our lives. When dad moved to Northern Norway and was no longer physically in front of me with his body and his voice, his temperament and his eyes, in a way he disappeared out of my life.
Postmodernism: I liked it, or the whole world that I suspected lay behind what stood in the text, but I didn’t know what it was or where it actually existed.
Living in a small place: I was depressed by being under constant observation, by everyone always knowing who I was, by never being allowed to have any peace.
Booze: Alcohol makes everything big, it is a wind blowing through your consciousness… all objections and all judgement are cast aside in a wide sweep of the hand, in an act of supreme generosity, here everything, and I do mean everything, is beautiful. Why say no to this?
(From: Dancing in the Dark)
Anders Breivik: a person who has erected a make-believe reality, in which his significance is undisputed.

(http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/05/25/the-inexplicable)

No comments:

Post a Comment